Brussels sprouts – 500gms (thinly sliced)
Oil – 2tblspns
Mustard seeds – 1 tblspn
Urad dal – 2 tblspns
Curry leaves – 1 sprig
Red chilli powder – 1 tblspn
Coriander powder – 1 tblspn
Cumin powder – 1 tsp
Tumeric – a pinch
1) Take a pan and add oil, after oil gets a little hot add mustard seeds.
2) After mustard seeds splutter, add urad dal and curry leaves.
3) After urad dal turns brownish add the thinly cut brussels sprouts and close the lid for 2 to 3 mins.
4) Remove the lid now and add red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric.
5) Keep stirring till the sprouts are soft, don’t go anywhere as they get cooked very quick and might get burnt.
6) Switch off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves if you wish.
This goes well as a side dish. Brussels sprouts have high protein compared to other green vegetables. Don’t overcook as it will lose its nutrients.