- Lamb cubes – 600 gms (thoroughly wash with salt and turmeric)
- Basmati rice – 2 cups (Soak for 1.5 hrs)
- Spices – 2 bay leaves, 3 cloves, 2 cinnamon stick, 3 cardamom, 1 star anise, 1 Marati mogga
- Onion – 1 (cut into small pieces)
- Green Chillies – 4 (more if you want it even hot)
- Ginger garlic paste – 1.5 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Mutton/Lamb Masala powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
- Chopped mint leaves – 1 cup
- Chopped coriander leaves – 1 cup
- Oil – 2 tbsps
- Ghee – 2 tbsps
- Salt as required
- Take a pressure cooker, add oil and then add mint, coriander leaves, saute for few minutes.
- Then add lamb cubes and mix well, add water as required and pressure cook it till the lamb is almost cooked.
- Next, add oil and ghee in a pan. Add all the spices, then add onions, green chillies. Let onions turns brown, then add ginger garlic paste and saute for few minutes.
- Now add the garam masala and lamb masala powders.
- After few minutes, add the soaked basmati rice and mix well.
- Now add this rice mixture in the pressure cooker where lamb is, you might have to add 1 or 2 cups water. Don’t add too much water. Add salt as required.
- After water boils, pressure cooker it for 2 whistles.
- Serve with Mirchi ka salan or raita.